Check ups on yourself, your goals, and where your headed can be a daunting or easy depending on the tools you use. To determine what you should stop, start or keep should be something you do at least annually, but semi-annually is a better plan. I do a process at year end that I learned from our life plan training. It is called the 4 Helpful List tool. It allows you to review the last year and classify the following.
- What is Right?
- What is Wrong?
- What is Confusing?
- What is Missing?
The process is to basically classify your last year activities in each category with bullet points in each section. Then to classify what today’s status currently is AND how much control you have on each bullet point. Your options for control are Full, Partial, None.
We use this tool when we do life planning and it is super eye opening. It was for me when I did my life plan, especially when I had to select how much control I had on each bullet point. This tool may help you with what you should change for 2017 and set goals to actually accomplish those changes.
Download the 4 Helpful Lists excel template.
- Fill it out for where you are today
- State Today’s Status
- Classify how much control you have over that item.
- Identify what changes you want to make.
- Fill out the Goals Sheet to document your plan and execute it.
Do a Life Plan
- On your own with this workbook.
- Contact me or my wife to have your life plan facilitated. mailto:email@example.com
It’s your life, own it this year…