Have You Lost Sight of What You Really Enjoy? Do you know what makes you tick or get up every morning? A year ago my wife and I traveled to Boulder Colorado to get our LifePlan Certification. This is one of those purposeful, but comfort zone stretchers for both of us. It is aligned with our individual life plans, so we held each other hands through the process and are enjoying the next chapter of us.
Fast forward to this month, we worked over the weekend prepping our clients for their 2-day full immersion life plan. It was fulfilling in many ways, the biggest being clear about our purpose and mission in life.
As we were prepared for our meetings, there was a section of the study about our traits that I thought might be good for everyone to know. We are passionate about helping people know their strengths, know their why, and live on purpose. Below are some classifications of traits that may help you identify where you will be the happiest in life.
- Passion – passion is what makes work play. It is what you love to do.
- Needs – this is beyond the basic needs of life. It is about you being you.
- Drives – these are compulsions, not passions. It is why you do what you do.
- Obsessions – these are what you feel you have to do. It is what you can’t help but think about.
- Characteristics – these are what others see in you both internal and external. It is how you describe yourself.
- Qualities – these are characteristics of what you have become. It is your inner core.
- Yearnings – these are deep desires. It is what you long for.
- Hopes – these are your expected future. It is who you hope to be.
- Achievements – these are your accomplishments. It is what you are proud of.
It is important for you to know yourself so you can make life decisions that are in your best. Knowing and growing in your strengths and knowing the above traits will help you navigate decisions and priorities to help you live your life on purpose.
- Review the traits above and write down your 2 -3 items for each.
Challenge yourself to think about what you want to accomplish in the next:
- 90 Days
- 1 Year
- 3 Years
- 10 Years
- Do a Life Plan if you haven’t already.
Good Luck – it’s your life so own it…