I work with a pretty awesome team. As the leader, I want to make sure we are all in our sweet spot working on the right priorities. I believe this helps to keep our team healthy, happy, and engaged in the work they enjoy.
I have asked them to do a few different assessments, but my two favorites are Strength Finders 2.0 and How the World Sees You. Having awareness of your strengths can help guide you in your career path and ensure you are doing the appropriate training or learning needed to be successful or simply happy. It is pretty exciting to see people grow around their natural strengths which they may not have known.
Being engaged whether it is personal or professional is really important. How do you respond to the following?
- I am dissatisfied with my work or home situation AND I haven’t done anything to resolve it.
- I tend to complain, blame others or have a cynical attitude.
- I have one foot out the door, keeping my options open – but not acting on them.
- I jump from job to job or assignment to assignment without making a difference.
- My performance barely meets expectations.
- I have trouble focusing on projects and find my mind wandering.
- I don’t have a plan for my next steps going forward.
If you answered yes to any of the above, it is time for you to change and engage. It is most likely that you are not in your sweet spot. When you are in your sweet spot which is where your passion and strengths intersect, you are a person engaged in life. You may need a mentor or just simply a life plan to know what you are striving for. Knowing and remembering your “WHY” will keep you engaged in life.
We lose our WAY when we lose our WHY!!!
- Know your strengths, take these two assessments.
- Do a Life Plan
- Here is a free eBook to help you through that – Free Resource
- Simply Change your Attitude
- Set Goals
- Make 1 Change Today – Do it with determination, passion, and focus.
- Make 3 Goals for 2015 that align with your strengths and passion
- Make sure they are SMART
- Specific, Measurable, Actionable, Realistic, Time bound.
Click Here to Join
What gets measured gets done – go make a change and measure your results. Good Luck